Wednesday, July 2, 2008

PLAYLIST!!!

Alright, so my goal for my blog today was to create a playlist of songs that I love and bring back great memories...Here's a list and small description of why they are on my blog. Enjoy!



Jeans On by Keith Urban: This song will forever remind me of my first year being a Girls Camp youth leader. My mom was in charge of camp that year, like every other year it seems, and she changed the words around to this song and created our 2005 Girls Camp theme song! I just loved that I got to have my mom and at least one sister with me at Girls Camp every year I went...and sometimes even my dad!

Rockin' in the USA as well as Jack and Diane by John Cougar Mellancamp will remind me of road trips with my dad. All of us children would always want to listen to some Broadway musical or Disney movie soundtrack, but my dad wasn't always the biggest fan of those. Although, he did tolerate it for the first little bit of the trips, eventually we'd be listening to some John Cougar. It would just make me happy to see my dad singing along AND we all learned the words too!

Bleeding Love by Leona Lewis: So earlier this year Ashlee called me up and told me I had to listen to this song and she kept checking up on my to see if I'd listened yet. It did take me awhile to actually listen to it, but when I finally did I was instantly in love with it. AAANNNDD last week on SYTYCD Chelsie Hightower and Mark danced a heart wrenching hip hop to this song. Lets just say every time I watch I get goosebumps and almost cry. Love it!

A New Day by Celine Dion: This song reminds me of a lot of people. Heather Walt, Erin Avondet, and just recently Kherington and Twitch from SYTYCD. Heather can sing just like Celine...and especially this song. Erin and I heard this on a commercial one day and we about died laughing just thinking about Heather singing it. Kherington and Twitch did a gorgeous Viennese Waltz to this song on last weeks episode. They are probably my favorite partnership...but Chelsie Hightower is my favorite individual! :D

No Air: Yet another SYTYCD winner. Katee and Joshua did a tear-jerking hip hop to this song the first week of competition. Once again...a dance that makes me get chills and almost cry.

Walkin' In Memphis by Lonestar: Two words: Kallene Cutler. This is the song she did her dance solo to her senior year. Kallene is one of my best friends and every time I hear this song the memories just start flowing through my head. Love you Kaldawg!

My Front Porch Lookin' In by Lonestar: In the eighth grade, when I started listening to country music, Lonestar was one of the first groups I knew. This song is probably one of the cutest songs I've ever heard...it'll never get old!

Reflection from Disney's Mulan: So Mulan is my favorite of the Disney musical movies so I just chose one song from the movie because I love all of them.

Inside Your Heaven by Carrie Underwood: This song will forever remind me of Garrett Harding...to make a long story short, he is close to obsessed with this song. Also, from the first time I saw Carrie Underwood at her American Idol audition, I knew she was going to go far. AND it was kind of the beginning of my country music days, so I just loved her because she sang country. Haha

Hit the Road Jack by Ray Charles: My junior year on dance team was such a fun one. This was our Large Dance song, and I loved this dance so much. The adrenaline that I would get when I performed this dance was insane. I actually loved all of my dances that year...and this was the year we swept the whole Nationals competition in Texas. AMAZING!

Cuppycake from Strawberry Shortcake: Pyper and my mom always sing this song to me. They called me just a few weeks ago with a 'present' for me...they both sang into the phone this song. Basically, Pyper's voice is just like this little girl's, so it's one of the cutest things I've ever heard.

My Little Girl by Tim McGraw: This song is just one of my favorite country songs ever. Also, I always think of Kelsey Peterson because when she came back to the ISI dance competition as the reigning Miss ISI she danced to this and...you guessed it, I bawled my eyes out. I miss dancing and the people I danced with so much.

Stand by Rascal Flatts: This song came out just before my last year of girls camp and I immediately thought it should be a church song. Our Girls Camp was all about being the Light and standing up for what you know and believe, no matter what comes your way. Basically, I fell in love with this song instantly.

Heaven by David Archuleta: Pretty much David is my hero. He is only 17 years old and sounds like this. I'm nearing obsession when it comes to David. And this song is just amazing, so the combination only makes for double-amazingness!

Okay, so here are my current favorites mixed with some of my forever favorites! Hopefully you enjoy at least one of the songs! Thanks for reading!

3 comments:

Clint and Kandi said...

so I love every song on your playlist. except maybe celine who i am not that familiar with but I know she's really got some pipes. speaking of pypes I love that cuppycake was included.hahaha...and mulan and blue jeans
love mom

Amy Collyer said...

Inspired!

Erin said...

BAH! Best. Playlist. Ever. Celine is truly great. (Hush...now. I see the light in your eyes!) You have inspired me to update my blog today with both a post and a playlist update.