Thursday, July 3, 2008

SYTYCD Top 14 Elimination

Okay so this is officially a venting post about the So You Think You Can Dance results show tonight. All I have to say is WHAT WERE THEY THINKING?!?! Taylor, Zach and I watched it tonight and, believe me, we've discussed all possibilities that would have been more crowd pleasing, and we decided the best choice would have been to keep BOTH Matt and Kourtni and give Comfort and Thayne the boot.



We've decided the judges have made a selfish decision by choosing Matt and Kourtni for elimination tonight. Just because the judges didn't want Matt anymore, they had to take Kourtni too...all because they didn't know who'd she'd partner with if Matt wasn't there. The order of elimination for the girls has been messed up since last week when they sent Chelsea Traille home before Comfort. It should have been Comfort first, then Chelsea Traille, THEN Kourtni. Kourtni just needed a chance to have a different partner...she has WAY better technique than Comfort, not to mention her background and training is 100% easier to work with. Her solo tonight was amazing...ten thousand times better than Comfort's. In my personal opinion Comfort should have gone home right after Suzie, who should have been first. I think Rayven should have gotten to stay longer, I mean really...she is trained in ballet. I dunno about all of you, but as a dancer I was taught that ballet is the center of all dancing....if you've got ballet training, you've got it all.

So here is the order the female eliminations should have gone...of course this is just my opinion:

Week One: Suzie...really I just never liked her or anything she did...I know at least two people that tried out that would have done 10 million times better than she ever did.

Week Two: Comfort...she's just not impressive to me. I'm not gonna lie, she's amazing at her style of dancing, but with all of the other styles she's never "wow-ed" me. Ew..I'm just a little bitter that she's still on the show.

Week Three: Rayven...she was good, but not quite good enough to be in the top 14. I definitely would have liked to see her continue in the competition for longer than a week.

Although I do not agree with the girls eliminations thus far, but I definitely agree with the guys. Tonight's decision is a little sketchy for me, but I'm not to upset about it. I think I'm just done with Thayne...I don't neccessarily hate him, I mean he's a really great dancer, but just not very exciting. So I'm hoping and praying Thayne and Comfort go home next Thursday. I'm just very VERY over Comfort, and I won't be at all devastated if Thayne goes.


On a happier note I LOOOOOOOOOVVVVVVVEEE Chelsie Hightower...just like Mary Murphy said last night she is 'towering' over the rest. She is probably my favorite individual contestant, but my favorite partnership is definitely Twitch and Kherington. I've loved Kherington ever since her audition in California...and I loved Twitch last season. He just makes me almost cry every time he dances. He's just a freestyle dancer with hardly any training, and he busts out amazing routines week after week. My other favorite couple is Katee and Joshua...one word: AMAZING!!! Like really, I have nothing to say other than they give me chills every time I watch them dance.
Well, this is all...I still love this show even with the poor decisions the judges have made this week, and I cannot wait for the weeks to come! We Love You Kourtni!!!

2 comments:

Erin said...

You girl...

Shelly said...

I love Katee and Joshua too.