Monday, February 16, 2009

Greatest Talk Ever

So, this is a bit overdue, but last Sunday I had to opportunity to listen to Elder Jeffery R. Holland speak to the Boise Stake. It was amazing to see him somewhat "out of his element", in other words not on the TV reading his talk. I honestly don't think he had anything written down...he had nothing but his scriptures when he stood up there, and I don't even think he opened them once...and he spoke for 45 minutes!!!
Although his talk had from one another, he somehow managed to make them all work together. I learned so much from him! Something he did, that really caught me off guard is when he quoted a song by Bryan Adams...like really? He listens to the radio? He was talking to the youth of the stake about how much their parents and leaders care for and would do anything for them. "Everything I do, I do it for you". First of all, I love that song. Second...JEFFERY HOLLAND just quoted it???!!!

It was an amazing experience that I'll never forget! He has such a great sense of humor and he's REAL! I mean obviously, but sometimes I feel like they are some sort of celebrity that I will only ever seen on TV, but he's a real person...I SAW HIM! He goes out to dinner and listens to the radio just like you and me! So great!

I am so thankful for the chance I had to hear him speak to and bless the Boise Stake. I know with all of my heart that he is a man called of God to counsel and teach us on the earth today. I cannot wait for General Conference in April!

1 comment:

Clint and Kandi said...

Wow! i am so glad that I did not miss this post! What a great experience. He is a good man and I have heard him speak in person and shook his hand and everything and Patricia's. He was the BYU pres whe dad and I went there in the 80's. She told us once that when she told her parents about him that she called him the "smartest man". He is real.