Wednesday, July 22, 2009

My Big Little Brother

Today it hit me hard (literally) that Kanon is and forever will be bigger, stronger, quicker and most likely wittier than me. The story goes like this...


Kanon has a Nerf Gun. I'm in the bathroom straightening my hair. He comes in and stands next to me, "sup Norm?" BANG...he shoots the gun at the mirror, it ricocheted off the mirror and nailed me right in the eye. He laughed, but quickly realized I had his bullet and was making my usual threat of putting it in the toilet (gross I know, but its the only way I can get him to stop). Before I could even get the toilet seat open his foot was on it stopping me from throwing it in. I quickly run out yelling "there are other toilets in this house!"...I didn't even make it up the stairs before he was grabbing my ankles, pulling me to the ground. We had a good 10 minute wrestling match before I escaped (for maybe .2 seconds) and threw his bullet in the toilet.




Victory for Lauren?




I think not.




Without hesitating he grabbed it out of the toilet with is bare hands! I then realized he wasn't even phased by my self proclaimed, 'master plan' and started to run. He, once again, out-smarted me and threw his nasty, toilet water soaked bullet at me as I ran down the stairs...it got caught in my hair for a second, then fell out and touched my hand. I was screaming and almost crying.




Victory for Kanon?




Always.




As hard as it is for me to admit that my little brother will probably always beat me now, I love him and wouldn't change it for the world!


Love you BUBBA!!!

7 comments:

Taylor said...

This is the funniest blog I have ever read. HILARIOUS! I agree with all of your description of him. Except...you can be pretty witty, sometimes even wittier than me. Don't sell yourself short.

One time Kanon tried to shoot me in the back with a nerf dart while I was looking for the peanut butter. It zoomed over my shoulder, hit the back of the cupboard, and bounced off the back wall toward my face. I CAUGHT IT, and in one very swift motion, I flipped around and threw it back at him. It hit him square in the chest and stuck. At first we both laughed, but when he realized where it hit him he grabbed the bullet and did and excellent slow motion die. Oh my word...he is old and big!

Taylor said...

PS My favorite line of this blog is, "...it got caught in my hair for a second, then fell out and touched my hand."

Shaylee said...

I love Kanon. But I do not love Kanon's hands now that they have been in the toilet.
So funny.

Reagan said...

yes... i laughed out loud. it woke preston up.

Clint and Kandi said...

soosooososooossooos Funny ! I don't even feel sorry for either of you! You both deserved what you got. Good post Laur....

Clint and Kandi said...

Dear Lauren, grandma loved this post and declares that you are a writer!

The Mower Family said...

Yes it is very humbling when the big sisters realize their little brothers can take them down! I realized mine forever would be bigger, stronger and quicker than me as I was hanging upside down over the toilet. He, holding me with one arm by my legs. . . But they can never be wittier!!! Remember they learned their wit from us! Funny post Laur!