Friday, May 13, 2011

A REAL Teacher...

This week I got to experience a small taste of what it will be like to be a real teacher...and I loved it! I got to teach a lesson of some sort every day except today, which meant a lesson plan or some sort of preparation before hand so that I could communicate in the most simple way possible.

For one of my classes this semester I get to go to Central Elementary School in Sugar City, Idaho. I help in a first grade classroom for two hours every Tuesday and Thursday morning. I got to teach science lessons on electricity this week! We learned about static electricity on Tuesday and then circuits/flashlights on Thursday! I love my first grade class and it's always good to see their faces light up and hear them say "Hi Miss Foote!" when I walk into the classroom. They love to show me their work when they are finished and they LOVE that my last name is Foote.

**side note: the first week I started helping in their class 'foot' was one of their spelling words. Needless to say, I was the star that Thursday when I got to introduce myself**

Anyway, this week was awesome. I can't say enough how blessed I feel to be at a school that allows Sophomores/Juniors to go out into the field so early on and develop their ideas and knowledge about teaching. I already know, after just three weeks, that if it weren't for these few short weeks being in the classroom, I would have been in for a BIG surprise when I went to student teach.

I love school. I love teaching. I can't wait to have a classroom of my own. :)


My camera refused to take a clear picture, but this is my name tag. :)

3 comments:

Taylor said...

CUTE! Miss Foote! Love it.

Clint and Kandi said...

Dear Miss Foote, I love your last name too! You are a real teacher whenever you are with children. As soon as they know you love them they will turn to you for help. We all knew you were a natural at this! Babies know you love them. I love teaching too. Your whitehead grandparents taught in one room schoolhouses during the depression and your Kane grandma taught diabetes education as a registered nurse and your foote mom taught dance and elementary school too. You're Related! Go Lauren! We are proud of you.
Love mom

Rob & Gina said...

You are going to be the best teacher EVER! Can I be in your class too? Maybe you can teach Heidi someday :) It makes me so happy that you're lovin' life right now!