Thursday, March 25, 2010

Channel 4

On Tuesday, at my final science group meeting for the semester, my group members and I somehow started talking about children's television shows (we got our work done, Mom, I promise). Of course the first one that came to my mind was Arthur, we mentioned Sesame Street and Zoboomafoo and had a good laugh about the cheesy, yet educational shows we watched when we were little. But, if you are a Foote (and maybe if you aren't, I wouldn't know),thinking of any show on Channel 4 makes you start singing...


"Having fun, isn't hard, when you've got a library card!" -Arthur

"A-A-R-D-V-A-R-K" -Arthur

"ZOBOOMAFOO! With the Kratt Brothers! While walking in the woods one day, Chris and Martin saw something strange..." -Zoboomafoo

"Butterfly in the sky! I can go twice as high!" -Reading Rainbow

"Sunny day, sweepin' the clouds away! I'm on my way to where the air is sweet! Can you tell me how to get, how to get to Sesame Street?" -Sesame Street

AND who could forget...

"Come on and ZOOM come on and ZOOM come on and Zoom-a Zoom-a Zoom-a Zoom!"

I really enjoyed taking this trip down memory lane this week. Hopefully this put a little smile on your face, too!

Now I'm going to watch some Zoom episodes on YouTube. =)







Speaking of Zoom...






YUMMMMMMMM

6 comments:

Taylor said...

Z double O M box 350 BOSTON MASS 02134! SEND IT TO ZOOM!


I also thought...CLIFF HANGER...HANGING FROM A CLIFF...that's why's he called a CLIFF HANGER!! can't...hold on...much...LONGER! Ooh Ahh Magic Smarty Pants OoAh.

Clint and Kandi said...

hahahahahah this is so fun! I know every song. how about the puzzle place the puzzle place were goin to the puzzle place.....!read between the lions...and take a look it's in a book at reading rainbow!...and from sesame street "ive got a new way to walk, walk, walk and I walk with confidence!"

Betsy said...

seriously so so funny...i watched ALL those shows and was singing along in my head :] you're too cute! xoxo

Tyler and Carisa said...

I just sang all of these songs - full out - still remembering all the lyrics. Ahhh.... what great programming there used to be.

Reagan said...

I love this. I wonder what those Zoom kids look like now??

Clint and Kandi said...

Spencer and I just remembered the YUM YUMS! you know with smartie artie~? hahahah i think im gonna take a nap....here have a cookie...