Sunday, January 31, 2010

Callings...

I have been in Rexburg for about a month now....
I've been to my ward 4 times total...
I have three callings.
Almost 1 per week! AHHH!!!
My first calling is just a given, everyone has it, a Visiting Teacher. Although I have not had the opportunity to visit my girls, I am so grateful for the opportunity to grow closer to my Visiting Teachees and my companion, who just happens to be my roommate Meagan! :)
The next calling is an FHE Mom. Every ward I've been in I've had a Family Home Evening calling...so I knew this one was coming. I have a great family and I am, once again, very grateful for this calling.
Now, after the FHE calling came I thought I was safe. I thought I had it made with my typical "mom" calling. Boy was I wrong. I got the call last Saturday night to come meet with the Bishop the next morning before church. I am officially a Relief Society Instructor. SCARY! I have the great priviledge of teaching the sisters in my ward from the different General Conferece talks.
I taught for the first time today...I was terrified...but it went really really well. The lesson this week was taken from President Uchtdorf's talk entitled "The Love of God". If you do not remember it from October, I would highly recommend reading or listening to it again. It has blessed mine and I guarantee it will bless yours.
Oh how grateful I am for this chance to strengthen my testimony not only through the words of our Prophets, but through the other girls in the Relief Society!

4 comments:

Reagan said...

I love all of you callings. You would be great doing whatever they asked you, from RS President to "Greeter"

Erin said...

FHE mom. Remember how I don't go to FHE. Even when you are my mom? Sorry about that, widget (just typed widgety. I think I like that better).

Brooke said...

You will be such a great teacher!! You have taught me so many things. :) Love you!!

Clint and Kandi said...

laur you rock and rock and rock...three times rock. I love your callings....I can't think of a calling you couldn't do.