Monday, January 18, 2010

There's No Place Like Home...

No. I'm not homesick.
No. I'm not ill, dreaming of the Land of Oz.
No. The Wicked Witch of the West did not kidnap me.
No. There is no Yellow Brick Road in Rexburg.
Yes. I went home to Boise this weekend.
Yes. It was a last minute decision on Saturday night.
Yes. It was a surprise.
Yes. We left at 11:22pm and arrived in Boise at 4am.
Yes. It is one of the best decision I've ever made.
Yes. I love college.

Although I was not exactly playing the part of Dorothy this weekend, I did have my three trusty helpers with me. My two roommates Holli and Meagan and our FHE brother Jake, who was my sidekick in making this trip happen. I'm so grateful. I love Boise and like I said, there's no place like home.

Approximately 11:14pm Saturday January, 16th, 2010... BOISE, ID here we come!!!

Holli and Meagan first timers at MERRITT'S!!!!

Boise Captiol Building

Posing with the statues in Downtown Boise!


All of us heading back to the 'Burg

Thanks Mom and Dad for letting us unexpectedly attack your house! We had so much fun!

7 comments:

Reagan said...

Greatest ever. I love that surprise.

Clint and Kandi said...

twas great to see you and yer new friends here in the wonderful land of oz....I have a question if you are dorothy and I am the wicked witch and dad is the wizard oz head then who is the lion the tin man and the scarecrow?

Lauren said...

Tin Man: Jake-His LOVE for Boise was what inspired us all.
Scarecrow: Meagan-She finally got a BRAIN...SHE WENT TO BOISE IDAHO!!!
Lion: Holli-so courageous for taking on the task of fulfilling all of our wildest dreams...even at midnight.

Clint and Kandi said...

hahaha love that...love you .....your so great....

Clint and Kandi said...

you're

The Mower Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Mower Family said...

The wicked witch. . . more like Glenda the good witch ( and I just said that in her voice as I typed it!). And you already have Toto awwwwww! Lauren you are a crazy girl!